Situated in the city of Nova Era/MG and also inserted in the Quadrilátero Ferrífero minefield, Nova Era Silicon S/A (NES), company of the Japanese group JFE, is one of the most important producers and suppliers of high purity ferrosilicon around the world. Since the beginning of its activities in October 1986, the company has been developing technologies, as a special trait, to add value to standard ferrosilicon, which enables the production of this ferroalloy with low impurity content. It is mostly required in the production of steel cords for car tires and also in grain-oriented electrical steel sheets.
Our technology is what provides us the chance to be a supplier of the main steelmills in the world.
Solutions in silicon alloys
Produce high quality silicon alloys
A Nova Era Silicon S.A., com respeito aos requisitos aplicáveis, tem como objetivo a eficaz e eficiente produção do FeSi, com base nas políticas abaixo descritas:
- realizar as atividades de produção de Ferro Silício utilizando-se de práticas que permitam a prevenção de desvios da qualidade dos seus produtos e serviços;
- documentar e manter atual o Sistema de Gestão da Qualidade – SGQ, seus manuais, documentos, base de dados e políticas visando a garantia dos requisitos de qualidade exigidos pelos seus Clientes;
- usar os dados e fatos, relacionados à produção e ao controle dos seus produtos, analisando-os e implementando ações para a melhoria contínua do processo produtivo;
- criar condições para a revisão periódica dos objetivos e metas, na busca continuada da melhoria do desempenho, por meio da análise crítica dos objetivos da qualidade, tendo como base as necessidades dos Clientes;
- garantir o atendimento aos objetivos e metas por uma equipe treinada, consciente das suas responsabilidades e continuamente motivada;
- trabalhar junto aos seus empregados, fornecedores e prestadores de serviços para conscientizar e estimular o exercício das suas atividades em conformidade com as diretrizes dessa Política.
- Management System Certificate. Certificate number 195866-2016-AQ-BRA-INMETRO, according to ISO 9001:2008, licensing the production of FerroSilicon. – Initial certificate issued on 29th february 2016, valid until 15th september 2018.
In 2018, Nova Era completed 315 years
The first toponym was São José da Lagoa, honoring the Saint of the Day (Saint Joseph, March 19th) when the first pathfinders got to the margins of a big lake. It’s assumed that it occurred between 1703 and 1705, the time at which Antônio Dias de Oliveira and the Camargos brothers passed over Piracicaba’s gold riverside. The existence, until now, of gravel heaps and channels for water harvesting in several places of the city are evident proofs that mining was a determining fact to first settlements. After, either because the exhaustion of mines or due to rigid tributary fiscalization of the freelancer miners, the primitive settlement made room to agriculture. The principal farms were Rio do Peixe, Figueiras, Perdões, Barra do Ribeirão das Cobras (Barra do Prata), Correntes, Vargem and Mato Dentro. At this point, where the headquarter of Nova Era city is located, it already existed São José da Lagoa village, with hundreds of fixed inhabitants devoting themselves to city trade, mining and other crafts. In 1750, it was ecclesiastically recognized (“capela curada”) first subordinated to Caeté, then to Santa Bárbara and after to Rio Piracicaba parish. In 1832, still as “capela curada”, was subjected to Antônio Dias’ parish and finally in october 1848, by the provincial law n° 384, was created the parish of São José da Lagoa. Its first vicar was João Álvares Martins da Costa. Also in 1848, was promoted to the category of district and in 1938 emancipated itself with the name President Vargas. In 1942, the name Nova Era was attributed, noticing an obvious political influence in this choice. Typical city of Minas Gerais, celebrating 315 years, Nova Era is totally located at Rio Piracicaba basin, which has relevant role in Minas Gerais’ economy. With privileged geographic location, has area of 364 km2, 17357 citizens and is at 526m height. The city is situated between Belo Horizonte Metropolitan Region and Vale do Aço (Ironcasting region), being crossed by BR 381 road and only 20 km far from BR 262. These roads are important corridors for the exchange of commodities and industrialized products. The urban center stays: • 3 km away from Vitória railway – Minas • 110 km away from BR 116 (Road Rio-Bahia), connection to Rio de Janeiro and Northeast • Close to BR 381, which enables free access to São Paulo • 75km away from Ipatinga airport and 150 km away from Confins International Airport • 60km away from R.M. Vale do Aço (Ironcasting region) Tourist attractions: São José da Lagoa Cathedral Square Municipal Museum of Art And History São José da Lagoa Cathedral Vargem Farm São José Cave Educational Center of São José da Lagoa Benedito Valadares Bridge Cultural practices: Guarda de Congo Nossa Senhora do Rosário- Estação neighbourhood Guarda de Congo Nossa Senhora do Rosário- Vila Santa Rosa neighbourhood Musical Group Euterpe Lagoana Traditional celebrations: Carnival São José da Lagoa’s Patron Saint party São José da Lagoa’s anniversary Reign of Nossa Senhora do Rosário Motorclyclist meeting Jeep drivers meeting Horseback riding and countryside workers’ party